Microsoft Lync 2013 is an enterprise-ready unified communications platform that connects people everywhere, on Windows 8 and other devices, as part of their everyday productivity experience. Lync provides a consistent, single client experience for presence, instant messaging, voice, video and meetings. Lync 2013 supports multiparty HD video conferencing, modern “touch first” capabilities for fast and natural
communications, and work anywhere scenarios that do not require a VPN for encryption. Lync 2013 users can connect to anyone on Skype, enabling rich communication with hundreds of millions of people around the world.
What’s New in Lync 2013
This is the boldest and best Lync release ever, with innovation across the board. Lync has always made it easy for people to communicate wherever they are, but they’re making it even better with new and improved features:
- Stay in touch anywhere: Lync enables users to communicate securely anywhere they have network connectivity, and automatically adapts to network conditions.
- Use the device you want: Lync makes communicating easier with a consistent and familiar experience available on Windows PCs, Windows Phone, iOS, and Android smartphones. The new immersive Lync application for Windows 8 provides a seamless touch-first experience.
- Communicate in the right way: Lync unifies voice and video calls, Lync Meetings, presence, and instant messaging in one easy-to-use client, making it simple to choose and switch between different forms of communication.
- Connect with the outside world: Lync Federation extends unified communications securely over the Internet to customers, suppliers, and partners using Lync or Skype.
- Take advantage of standards-based HD video: Lync uses open standards including H.264 SVC to provide a highquality video experience on a wide range of devices.
- Make virtual meetings more effective: See up to 5 meeting participants simultaneously with new multi-party HD video support. You can choose who to see or let Lync choose for you.
- Easily join meetings: Joining a Lync Meeting requires only a single touch or click on smartphones, tablets, and PCs.
- Extend Lync Meetings outside your organization with browser-based access: The Lync Web App allows PC and Mac users to join a Lync meeting from a browser and delivers a full Lync Meeting experience including IM, voice, multi-view video, data collaboration and sharing.
- Take notes in OneNote: OneNote Share allows users in to create and share OneNote digital meeting notes within Lync Meetings.
Microsoft Lync is so much more than can be overveiwed here. Book a demonstration today or contact us now by calling +64 9 918 3712 or via email for further information.